Wednesday, September 19, 2012

As the deer panteth for the water ...

Just had to share a wonderful post from my son's Facebook page:


Josiah Wright updated his status: ""As the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after Thee . . . " In a weird kind of way, I think that many times this very longing is the kind of thing we long after. We feel empty and unfulfilled, so we go searching for something to search after; or we know that we ought to be seeking the Lord, and thus, we seek to seek Him. If I'm truly honest, sometimes I feel more like praying for the desire than for the Object of that desire. Yet always, like the fiercely majestic, transcendent yet violently, world-shakingly, personally immanent Hound of Heaven that He is, God seeks after me instead. What a glorious, absurd story He tells with our lives!"

No comments:

Post a Comment